CLINT MILLER ARCHITECT AIA
About Clint Miller
Clint's love of architecture is as strong today as it was four decades ago when he worked as an intern. Today, his projects focus on contemporary residential architecture, many of which reflect a Rural European influence. He brings expertise in architectural illustration, historic architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture to a design process that is both cohesive and timeless, reflecting simplicity and reverence for the site.
Early in his career, Clint managed groups responsible for over 10 million square feet of commercial design projects; however, his decision to create a dwelling for his own family brought him into the residential sector and earned a 1998 Homes of the Year award from Arizona Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA). The home, constructed with authentic, load-bearing adobe, led him to design many premier adobe homes across Arizona.
Over the years, Clint has developed valued relationships with the top consultants in the valley for interior design, engineering and, importantly, landscape architecture. Typically, consultants retained for his projects also include home automation, lighting design, and energy modeling. As well, Clint's architectural illustrating skills have made him an important contributor for developing architectural guidelines for several large, master-planned communities.
Clint’s residential projects have been featured in AIA Home Tours, honored in an AIA Homes of the Year competition, and recognized in an AIA Historical Preservation Exhibit. In March of 2010 he was honored as a Master of the Southwest by Phoenix Home and Garden magazine, and he has been featured on that publication’s cover for his striking architecture.
Clint Miller, AIA Professional Resume
- Bachelor of Design Science, Arizona State University
- State of Arizona Registered Professional Architect
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Arizona Residential Architects (ARA)
- Arizona Chapter AIA: An Arizona Chapter AIA Homes of the Year, 1998
- AIA Home Tour Featured Home: 2000, 2009, 2010
- Phoenix Home and Garden: 2010 Master of the Southwest for Architecture
- Phoenix Home & Garden: Cover Feature, 1997, 2010 & 2015
- Phoenix Home and Garden Home Tour: 2014, 2021
- Green Living: Cover Story 2013
- Best of Houzz 2023: Miller Carefree Living room
- Numerous Published Works: 1981-Present
- American Society of Architectural Illustrators (ASAI)
- Chair, Architectural Review Committees for Planned Communities
- ASID Board of Directors
- Gila County Building Department Board of Advisors
While Clint has designed homes from Palm Springs to Santa Fe and from low desert to higher elevation alpine environments, most of his work lives in Carefree, Scottsdale and Paradise Valley, with about one hundred homes designed to date.
New construction, single family homes for identified clients. Design is honored as a process, rather than a style. Most designs evolve from the site characteristics and the clients’ lists of needs, goals, and objectives. Commissions for remodels are accepted for compelling or unique architecture; please inquire.